CRS research activities include:
- Academic research.
Academic research includes books, studies and other publications in areas of interest to the CRS. CRS also plans to collaborate in the teaching and research programmes of universities both in the country and abroad through teaching courses and providing thesis and dissertation supervision.
The CRS engages in consulting in those vital areas for which it has the expertise, these are stated below.
- Research Administration.
The CRS also engages in research activities of other organizations through organizing seminars, conferences and symposiums. It also provides professional editing services to journals, books and magazines.
CRS Research Expertise
- Industrial productivity, its determinants
- Concentration, its measurement and consequences
- Profitability, and its determinants
- Development economic issues; economic policies; debt and its management
- Natural resources, conflict and growth
- Conflict resolution and crisis management
- Integration studies, political geography
- South Asia, West Asia and the Arab World
- Quality culture and management; ISO Standards; and Productivity Enhancement Tools
- Change Management including Quality and 6-Sigma and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) techniques — particularly in the financial services sector
- Economic analysis, financial evaluation, management development and strategy formulation
- Establishment of higher educational organizations
- Mathematical Economics, Statistics, Econometrics and Applied Econometrics
- Data Management and networking
- Financial econometrics, Corporate Finance: Financial Derivatives, Corporate Restructuring and Governance, Free Trade Regime and Trade Financing
- Gender issues
- Urban and development issues
- Small scale sector
- Managerial Economics
- Sea and fresh water fishes, shrimps, their culturing, breeding and marketing.
Enquiries related with CRS academic research, consulting and research administration may be addressed to:
Mr Nusrat Ullah Khan, Manager Administration and Coordination, Centre for Research and Statistics through any of the following: